As mention in this post, the first number pulled for the UFO challenge was #10.
Interestingly, my #10 was already on my design wall.
These blocks came from 3 different block exchanges. It started with an online group, Block Swappers. I received 12, 12″ blocks. I decided that wouldn’t be big enough for a quilt, so for my guilds block exchange I passed out 12″ block patterns and asked that they be done in red & white. This left me with 24 blocks, but no idea how to set them.
Last year I pulled these out and decided to set them with a double 9 patch block. So for my guild block exchange I had everyone make 3″ red/white 9 patches.
After putting it up on my design wall, it’s still not speaking to me. The picture doesn’t use the 9 patches as double 9 patches, but I’m no longer a fan of that setting.
Now I’m leaning towards breaking it up into two quilts, maybe 3, if I move the 9 patches into their own quilt.
I’m also considering adding in another color, maybe black 😲. I just don’t think the two color quilt is speaking to me, even if it’s traditional.
Sweetwater’s newest collection, Project Red, mixes the traditional red & white with taupe. Maybe I’ll add some of that collection. I love the red & taupe pluses
Thanks for stopping by!
Linking up to: